Sunday, October 12, 2014

Affinity Group

Journal Entry #2: http://www.nctm.org/

I decided to join the national council of teachers of mathematics because that is what I teach. Unfortunately, I did not realize that you have to pay to become a member so I will just use the material/information I can get as a free member. From what I have discovered so far, it seems like just being a free member is quite informative already so I am satisfied. The site provides many ideas for lessons and projects for math teachers of all grades to use. I hope to integrate what I learn from the site to the classroom once I start working again. The site even has a section for teachers who are looking for job positions. It is quite resourceful.

Q1: How can joining an affinity group be helpful?
A1: Joining an affinity group is just another resource to be used. It makes it easier for people across the world to interact with each other who have common interests and questions. It is an effective way for people to come together and provide support without having to physically be there in person.

Q2: Is it worth paying to become a member of an affinity group?
A2: The answer is subjective. Many websites provide a free trail period for people to see for themselves whether it would be worth it to become a member. The pro of paying is the content that people see should be serious and professional. The con of paying is it is not free. Therefore, it is up to the individual to decide how much, if at all, would it be worth to pay to access what only members are allowed to see versus the public.


No comments:

Post a Comment