Sunday, November 2, 2014

Journal 5: Twitter
I did not have a Twitter account before this class and if not for this class, I probably would not have created one to be honest. I am not a fan of Twitter and after trying the website out, I am still not a fan, maybe because I am still not used to it. I understand that some teachers believe integrating social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram into the subject can hook students into learning more. While that may be true, I, as a math teacher, do not believe in using that method to engage students. I will try to think of other ways to engage students without involving social media. Also, I believe social media can be used easier in certain subjects than others such as English and History.

Q1: How can social media be used in the classroom?
A1: A teacher can ask students to Instagram their projects or check in with their assignments on Twitter.

Q2: Is using social media mandatory to engage students?
A2: No, I do not believe using social media is mandatory. It is just one way to engage students, not the only way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment